FILIPINO ARROZ VALENCIANA
2 cups rice, cooked
2 cups malagkit (sticky rice), cooked
2 pcs chicken thighs and legs, chopped into small pieces
1/4 kilo pork, sliced into thin strips
1/2 kilo chicken liver and giblets, chopped
4 pcs frankfurters, sliced diagonally
1/2 cup green peas
2 pcs bell peppers (red and green), cut into thin strips
2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp patis
1 tbsp atchuete oil
2 tbsp margarine
salt to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
spring onions chopped
1. Flake rice and malagkit with fork while still hot. Set aside.
2. In a deepn pan, saute garlic in atchuete oil. Add onion.
3. Add pork, chicken and giblets. Season with patis, then cover. After 2 minutes, pour in 1/2 cup of water.
4. Cover and simmer until half done.
5. Add frankfurters, pepper, and tomato sauce. Season with salt to taste.
6. Boil for five minutes, then add rice, malagkit, margarin and peas.
7. Mix until well-blended. Reduce heat, then cover.
8. Garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs and chopped spring onions.